Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hello 2012!

Wow did 2011 go by quickly.  I ended the year by taking a weekend trip to Chicago, IL.  What a beautiful city. My husband and I took the Mega Bus from Cincinnati to Chicago, and I have to say it was great!  You couldn't drive up for $50, which is what it cost for both of us, round trip.  It was wonderful not to  have to do the driving, and once we got to Chicago we took a taxi to our hotel.
We went up with a couple of friends and had a wonderful time.  We took the Hop on/Hop Off trolley and got to see and learned about the city.  I would definitely recommend it so you can get a feel for the city and what you want to see.  We chose to get off at the Willis (Sears) Tower, and then go up to the 103 floor!  Since I am afraid of heights, I can be kind of limited as to what I do, but I have to say the view of beautiful.  We even took a step out on the "ledge".  AWESOME! (see the pictures below).
We had Chicago pizza, which was yummy!  I couldn't believe how deep dish it is.  I have made it at home, and it turned out pretty good.  I still have to perfect it though.
One of the highlights of the trip was seeing Donny and Marie Osmond in their Christmas show.  As always, they put on a wonderful show.
So, if you are looking for a quick weekend getaway, I would recommend Chicago as an option.  I would like to go back and spend a little more time there.
                                          Now that's some kind of pizza!
                                           High in the sky.
                                           The city skyline
                                           Chicago below

1 comment:

  1. You look really pretty in the picture on the glass ledge. How scary!

    ReplyDelete